A life enthusiast, an avid book reader, writer, passionate about sports and Olympics. Made in Russia, shaped by the world.
I’m Katia Engalycheva and currently I’m travelling around the world as an Ambassador of World Life Experience.
I did a lot of interesing things before embarking on this adventure. Here are 8 random facts about myself:
1. Worked as a simultaneous interpreter for the Canadian Ambassador in Moscow. Have you ever tried listening to someone and speaking at the same time? Sounds a bit crazy but this is exactly what simultaneous interpreters do.
2. Worked at 6 Olympic Games. Started as a volunteer at Athens 2004 Olympics, loved it so much that signed up for the next Games while being in Athens!
3. Had a book published about working behind the scenes at 6 Olympic Games. It was a bestseller.
4. Carried out research on Olympics, my paper was cited by the International Olympic Committee.
5. Last year I had been selected out of 43,000 applicants from all over the globe to travel the world as an Ambassador of World Life Experience. This was the toughest job competition I had ever gone through!
This year I will travel to 23 countries, work with local communities, try to make a positive impact and share my experiences with the world.
6. For the past 4 months I have worked in 10 countries (Portugal, Spain, Holland, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Bosnia, Macedonia). At the moment I’m doing a permaculture course in Nothern Thailand.
7. I once shook hands with the Prince of Monaco.
8. Love photography, it’s a huge source of inspiration for me.
I love meeting new people and I believe that life is an art of meeting. If you would like to get in touch with me, then you are welcome to do so! The contact details are in the “Contact” section of this website.
In the meantime, please stay tuned for more updates about my adventure with World Life Experience.